Tuesday 3 February 2009

A Time for Reflection and Hope

The other evening I happened to watch a 5 minute special news feature – a video compilation of people and events that defined 2008.

There were earth quakes in China. Bombings in India. War in the Middle East. Terror. Floods. Famine. Disease. Financial Crisis.

Then there was the Olympics in Beijing. Reconciliation for Indigenous Australians. Presidential election in America. And so much more.

I must admit, I was moved. By it all. The good and the bad.

I was struck by a phenomenal amount of sadness. Yet I was filled with a deep sense of hope. 2008 has been quite a year for the world. For everyone. For me.

My heart goes out to all my friends. May you find hope and happiness, in this new year.

1 comment:

said...

明天不一定会更好,但更好的明天一定会来!^^