Sunday 21 June 2009

Me, Myself and Me Time

Hey sorry to all my followers, I knew that I seldom blogging lately.

The other day, I've received a warm and caring oversea called from my beloved god brother. And that I realize I've been losing contacts with the outside world. Rarely online msn, no blogging, not even updating anything in facebook. Erm..and the worst thing is, I didn't realize it at all!

But no matter how hectic is my life, I always have time for myself.

By the time I was a young woman in my early 20s, I had worked overseas, gone through bumpy relationships, worked hard, partied hard, made friends, lost friends, earned money, spent money… all to realise one thing – that I was all over the place and I needed some stability.

Basically, I had to love myself a bit more.

I had to sit back and remember who I was.

So I slowed down. I learned how to enjoy my own company. How to be by myself.

I sat in cafes by myself. I sipped coffee and ate BLTs. I read books on park benches. I took long walks. I went jogging. I went shopping. I explored new places. Visited art galleries. Went to the beach. All by myself.

I loved it.

I loved the whacky conversations in my head. I loved how my creative juices would flow. I loved seeing the world with my own eyes and hearing my own thoughts.

And most of all, I loved being happy, positive, strong and confident. By myself.

Several years later, I might get married, travel a bit, move house, have children, and starting my new life as a wife and mother. A companion and a nurturer.

Never have I been happier. Yet, never have I realised the importance of ME TIME.

It’s easy to forget that I’m still Jessica.

It’s easy to forget that I once liked things like… kick boxing, Latin dancing, scuba diving, yoga, cycling, rock climbing, swimming..

It’s even easier to forget that, I once upon a time… I wanted to try wind surfing! Canoeing! White water rafting! I want to try a 3 day camping hike in the Australian bush! I want to climb Mount Kinabalu! I want to run more often in a marathon!

Life has been loaded with so much work. But in the other hand, life is sweet, joyful and as great as it could be.

I just love the way how it comes to me.

3 comments:

said...

Haha...i think i stop blogging longer then u since my laptop broke down! =p

Ya..seem a bit lost contact with u lately. Should be busy to running ur new branch right!? so how everything going on? ^^

jess said...

Yes, pretty busy.. tell you when we got chance to meet up k? =)

said...

aiyoo...duno when u only will get free!!! @@

Let's go mamak again lar....its really fantastic performance ler. Miss out the last year one. Wont feel to miss this time! ^^